Trenažeru konsole- izskaidrota
December 23, 2021
THE NEW RULES OF CARDIO CONSOLES
The fast evolution in in digital devices is changing everything and everybody.
- The Quickstart button is the key. As the most-used feature on a console, it has to be large and clearly visible.
- Speed and Incline buttons have to be unmissable too. After all, most of the time, people are DIY’ing their way through a workout. They need to make changes easily — even when the person is tired, sweaty, and in motion.
- Don’t forget to stop! The stop and cooldown buttons have to be equally visible and easy to hit. Because you never know when someone needs to take a timeout in a hurry.
The F.I.R.S.T. things a user has to see.
An excersizer stepping onto a new cardio machine is like a hiker at the beginning of a road. They’ll stop and read the map if they have to. But really, they just want to get going. The best console is like a clearly marked road map.
And there are 5 traits a console should display from the F.I.R.S.T. moment a person steps onto the machine:
- FAMILIAR. Users can easily recognize the machine and what’s available to them, no matter the equipment
- INTUITIVE. Messages help users clearly understand what to do next
- RELIABLE. Operations work with no hassle
- SIMPLE. Doesn’t overwhelm the user with unwanted or rarely-used features
- TRACKER COMPILABILITY. Works with a other devices, pairing up with them quickly
The Rapid Growth of Personal Devices
No wonder “wearable devices” have ranked as number 1 trend influencing fitness every year for four of the past 6 years, according to the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). The numbers on the growth of personal digital devices include:
- 340 Million People bought new smartphones during Q1 2021
- 14 Million Smartwatches sold during Q1 2020
- 55% How many of those smartwatches were Apple Watch
- + 200% Sales increase of Bluetoothheadphones during 2019
- 60 Million Number of Apple AirPods sold (same year)
- $4.4 Billion Value of global fitness App market